Smart contracts are computer protocols intended to digitally facilitate, verify, or enforce the negotiation or performance of a contract.
With the pace of development and change within the cryptocurrency space, and its underlying blockchain technologies, platforms such as Ethereum have helped develop and realize that smart contracts are indeed a viable option, or at least an area of LegalTech which needs to be explored further.
In this event we presented a comprehensive overview on blockchain powered smart contracts, with a focus on:
- An introduction: smart contracts – we looked at the basic framework, operating mechanisms and platforms
- Use cases, and application scenarios
- Discussed existing and future challenges – with a view can this technology become law?
- Viewed recent advances of smart contracts with vendors available to demonstrate their use cases
- Looked at the current and foreseeable regulatory landscape